For the past few days, I’ve been tinkering with my new CBTL Single Serve Coffee Maker from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. What I have been looking for is a product that fits in to my lifestyle living (like in a tiny apartment) and for my office meetings with my staff. I also wanted a good variety of quality single serve coffee and tea capsules that I could choose from, because I like to drink something different everyday. Guess what? The CBTL Single Serve Coffee Maker surprisingly has met every single one of my desires.
Here’s what I like about the CBTL Single Serve Coffee Maker:
- It’s design is sleek and attractive. I absolutely love the modern look of this appliance. It looks great on my small dining room table for tea time and it looks even better at work on my desk.
- It’s compact. It fits in small spaces like on a small table or desk. It also does not take up too much space on a kitchen counter.
- It is a Caffitaly brand; Italian technology and design. The coffee and tea capsules were also designed by Caffitaly.
- It’s easy to use. Simply open the lever, drop the capsule inside, and close the lever. To change brews, simply open the lever, push down the used capsule, insert a new capsule, and close the lever.
- One touch brew. The three buttons are pre-programmed to serve espresso, tea or a long espresso serving, and coffee. All you have to do is press which one you want. The serving size for coffee is pre-programmed for 10 ounces, but I found in the instructions that you can override it to reprogram your own serving size.
- It’s super easy to clean. The removable water compartment and drip tray only needs to be rinsed. The used capsules are located behind the drip tray compartment and can be discarded. Also, it is a simple press of a button to descale aka remove the hard water deposits that accumulate in coffee makers.
Convenience is everything. What I generally love about the Kaldi is that I can actually wake up late on a Sunday morning and brew only one cup of coffee. Oh yes, I no longer have to waste a full 12 – 16 cups coffee using my old coffee maker or brew a pot a hot tea. Its compact size is also a convenience as it is small enough to fit on my small dining room table for tea time or coffee talk with invited guests. I can also keep it at work where it will not take up too much space on my desk at work.
Tastes matters. At the moment, I’m liking the Passion Fruit tea and the English Breakfast tea.I’m also loving the robust 100% Arabica Holiday Blend coffeepictured above with a little cream and sugar. It’s a dark, full roast taste with hints of dark chocolate and some warm spices. The acid and tannins are very balanced in this cup of coffee. CBTL has a large variety of artisan coffee and tea capsules ready for purchase via http://cbtl.coffeebean.com or at your local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf shop. Retail price between $7 – $11 for a pack of 10 capsules.
So far, the Kaldi – CBTL Single Serve Beverage System fits well into my lifestyle. I like that the machine is easy to use. I especially like the convenience of having a single serve of cup of coffee without having lots of leftover coffee, because I don’t drink coffee all day. Most of all, I love the taste of the coffees and teas.
The Kaldi – CBTL Single Serve Beverage System is sold exclusively through The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. It retails for $179.00 US Dollars.